Acc NoCR0984
CR1011
CR2024
CR2503
CR2932
CR2988
CR3136
CR3917
CR4015
TitleSPENCER STREET CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, LEAMINGTON SPA
Date1813-1990s
DescriptionCR0984: Day school committee minute book, 1870-1881; day school receipts and payments book, 1870-1882; subscription book, 1871-1881; minute book of the formation and proceedings of the Protestant Dissenting Church, Little Kineton, 1813-1882, and cash book, 1877-1882.
CR1011: Minutes, accounts, Sunday school papers and printed matter, 1816-1959.
CR2024: Minutes, rolls of churchmembers, registers of baptisms, marriages and burials at Clemens Street, Holly Walk and Spencer Street, accounts and files many relating to the church fabric. 1836-1979
CR2503: Baptism certificates, communion attendance register, rolls of church members, 1931-1968. Minutes and accounts of church organisations, 1912-1922; year books, 1883-1959/60. Conveyance of site for Eathorpe Chapel and Schools, 1860.
CR2932: Registers of baptisms, 1931-1968, 1981, marriages, 1931-1939, and burials, 1931-1935, 1981; minutes of meetings of deacons and elders, 1971-1976; of church meetings and AGMs, 1975-1980. Booklet on Spencer Street Church, 1836-1986, by V M Rutherford
CR2988: Marriage register 1974-1990
CR3136: Marriage registers 1900-1974
CR3917: Scrapbook containing letters asking for church membership, various printed notices, booklets, schedule of deeds and other papers, 19th cent; Cradle Roll book, 1963 - 1990, Leamington Board of Health Map showing alterations to the path of the River Leam and the graveyard of Spencer St. Church, 6 Nov 1856. Transcripts from the scrapbook and a short history is accessible via the Record Office library at B.LEA.Spe. [not catalogued]
CR4015: Communion Attendance register, 1968-1984; Elders' minute books, 1976-1982; Womans' Hour minute book, 1960-1990; Womans' Hour Bank Balance book, 1956-1970; papers relating to the Ecumenical Council, (Coventry and Warwickshire) 1984-1991; copies of Church Records Annual Returns, c 1980-1991; Spencer Street/Trinity Methodist Liaison Group minutes, 1990-1991; photographs, c 1990s; newspaper clippings, 1970 and 1989; and audio-visual material, 1968 and 1990s.
LevelCollection
Administrative HistoryThe Spencer Street United Reformed Church was founded in 1836 as a Congregational Church, becoming part of the United Reformed Church in 1973. In the 1990s the congregations of the Spencer Street United Reformed Church and the Trinity Methodist Church, Leamington Spa merged to become the Radford Road Methodist United Reformed Church.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019