Acc NoDR1289
DR1303
DR1382
DR1408
DR1457
TitleCOVENTRY DIOCESAN GUILD OF CHURCH BELLRINGERS
Datec.1800-2007
DescriptionMinutes, 1907-1988; membership records, 1907-1937; annual reports, 1907-2003; correspondence files, 1970s-1980s; 'A Key to the Art of Ringing', by William Jones, John Reeves and Thomas Blakemore, published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Hurst and Brown, c.1800; peal books, 1950-2003; "A Centenary History, 1907-2007" of the Guild by Christopher Mew, 2007; bell inspections, c 1970-2007; commemorative centenary folder, 1907-2007, 'Among the Bells', by F E Robinson, published c 1910; microfiche of 'The Ringing World' journal, 1911-1919; The Coventry Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 60th Anniversary toast list and menu, 1967; 'Change Ringing' by Charles A W Troyte.
LevelCollection
Administrative HistoryThe Guild was originally founded in 1907 as the Warwickshire Guild of Church Bell Ringers. The Guild was renamed to the present title in April 1945, despite the Diocese having been formed in 1918. The sphere of activities of the Guild originally covered the ancient County of Warwickshire including those now part of West Midlands. However it is now restricted to the Diocesan boundaries.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022