Acc NoCR2859
CR4690
TitleAMBRAHAM ARLIDGE CHARITY, KENILWORTH
Date17th Cent-20th Cent
DescriptionAbraham Arlidge (d. 29 September 1717) of the parish of St. Andrew's, Holborn, County Middlesex, carpenter, purchased an estate in Lincolnshire called Thorpe in the Mire (after c.1800 Thorpe Le Vale) on 14th January 1712 from Jeremy Playner, citizen and vintner of London, for the sum of £850. In 1716 he settled this upon certain trustees for charitable uses. His endowment consisted of £8 per annum to the presbyterian minister at Kenilworth, and a yearly sum of not more than £100 for the benefit of poor members of the congregation of the Abbey Hill chapel. The largest part of the trust was used to endow an independent school for the education and clothing of 30 boys and 30 girls from Kenilworth. The school was built behind the chapel.

CR4690 - Further deposit of deeds, minutes, correspondence, trust documents, exam papers, reports, dole books, etc., c.1655-1980s.
LevelCollection
Access StatusAvailable for general access
Access ConditionsSome items in this collection may be unavailable for general access under Data Protection regulations.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019