Description | Seal: armorial seal of Richard Neville on parchment tag (fine impression in red wax: cracked and part of rim missing). [These pieces of land were used for the new residences of the vicars' choral and of the dean of St Mary's: see article by P B Chatwin in the Transactions of the Birmingham Archaeological Society for 1935, vol. LIX, pp.2-8. This deed was acquired by St Mary's from a Leicester dealer (Halliday) late in 1933; it had also been in St Mary's in the 1690s: see Bernard catalogue (item 6713) and a letter of 16th October 1933 from F C Wellstood to Chatwin (CR1923/4)]. |